TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use.
The terms “cewgroup.co.uk” “Capital Electrical Wholesalers” or “us” or “we” refer to the owner of the website whose registered office is 75 Maygrove Road, West Hampstead, London, NW6 2EG. Our UK company registration number is 07916129.
The term “you” or “buyer” refers to the user or viewer of our website. You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website.
Your order is an offer to buy from us. Nothing that we do or say will amount to any acceptance of that offer until we actually despatch an item to you, at which point a contract will be made between us. At any point up until then we may decline to supply an item to you.
Goods are intended for use in the UK and we make no warranties that the goods are suitable for use outside the UK, or comply with any laws, regulations or standards of any jurisdiction outside the UK.
All prices are subject to V.A.T. at the appropriate rate
Prices are subject to alterations without prior notice. Occasionally an error may occur with our web site and goods may be incorrectly priced in which circumstances we will not be obliged to supply the goods at the incorrect price.
Quotations do not constitute an offer and shall not bind the Company until an order has been placed and accepted.
Deliveries & carriage charges
We shall make all reasonable efforts to meet quoted delivery dates. Time shall not be of the essence and we shall not be liable for late or incorrect delivery, howsoever caused. We reserve the right to delivery by instalments.
Carriage and Packing is chargeable on orders having a net invoice value of under £50.00.
Where goods are specially obtained from manufacturers and a carriage is made, we reserve the right to pass it on.
You shall inspect the goods upon receipt and notify the us without delay of any items which are missing or damaged.
The goods will remain the property of Capital Electrical Wholesalers until we has received payment in full for the goods and any other goods supplied to the Buyer by us.
The Buyer shall be bound to pay for all goods, notwithstanding any alleged non-delivery or shortage of goods if the foregoing conditions have not been complied with.
Note: do not return faulty or unwanted items to us without first contacting us. We are not responsible for any items that are returned to us without our authorisation.
To return unwanted, incorrect, or faulty items back to us, you will first need to obtain a Returns Number by emailing us at email@example.com with the details of your order and the reason you want to return the item/s. Please note, we do not take back unwanted light bulbs or LED lamps or LED drivers / drivers (unless they are faulty), nor can we take back any electronic items or items that are clearly marked as non-returnable (please see the description of the items before purchase).
- Damaged Items
- If the items you have received are faulty or damaged, you must notify us by email within 7 days from the date of delivery, or where the defect was not apparent on reasonable inspection within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect. In that case we will replace them.
- If the items become faulty within 30 days, we will replace them free of charge. After the 30 days period, you will have to send them back to us, and we will replace them (you will be responsible for the carriage charge).
- Damaged items can be either refunded or replaced; in either case, please contact us to obtain authorisation and upon receipt and inspection, and we will replace or refund the faulty item. If the item is found not to be faulty and such defect is a result of damage, misuse or incorrect installation by the buyer, the items will be returned and you will be responsible for the carriage costs.
- Faulty Items
- According to the Distance Selling Regulations (Sale of Goods Act), we offer a 30-day returns guarantee; if the items are faulty within 30 calendar days from receiving them, you can return them for a full refund or for replacement.
- If the items you have received are faulty or damaged, you must notify us by email as soon as possible.
- In all cases, the manufacturer’s guarantee passes to the end-user. If the items are damaged or faulty after 30 days, we will pass on the manufacturer’s contact details, so that you can resolve the issue with them directly.
- Please note: Faulty items may need to be returned to the manufacturer for testing – if the items are found faulty, we will replace the item free of charge; if they are not found faulty, a minimum charge of £10 + VAT will be incurred to cover delivery costs.
- Unwanted Items
- If within 30 days from receiving your order you change your mind, please contact us by email to obtain returns authorisation (you will be responsible for the carriage expenses). The original carriage charge will not be refunded.
- The unwanted items must be in their original packaging; we reserve the right to deny the refund if the items are not in a re-saleable condition.
- For customised goods no returns are possible.
- If the items you ordered state in their description that they are non-returnable, then we cannot take them back for a refund.
- If No-One is Home to Receive the Parcel
- Two attempts will be made by the courier to deliver the parcel/s. After the second attempt no-one is home to receive the parcel/s, the parcel/s will be returned to us. Any parcels that are returned due to non-delivery will incur a charge of £15 + VAT. If you would like us to send it to you again, you will be charged a further £7.50 + VAT for the carriage of the redelivery.
- In-Store Pickup
- After 90 days, if the order is still not picked up in our store and there is no communication, we cannot be held responsible for the items on your order (they may be disposed of with no refund of the order).
We warrant that the goods shall at the time of delivery correspond to the published specifications when used for the purpose for which Goods of that type are normally used.
You hereby indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of our legal advisers) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.