Wago 5 Conductor, 2.5mm2 PUSH WIRE Compact Connector, 24A Pack of 100
- Convenient wiring via an extremely compact design
- Push-in termination of up to eight solid conductors
- Cross-section range: 0.5 … 2.5 mm²
- Any combination of conductor sizes is possible
- PUSH WIRE® connection terminates solid (“s”) copper conductors
Terminating Aluminum Conductors
WAGO spring clamp terminal blocks are suitable for solid aluminum conductors up to 4 mm²/12 AWG if WAGO “Alu-Plus” Contact Paste is used for termination.
“Alu-Plus” Contact Paste Advantages:
- Automatically destroys the oxide film during clamping.
- Prevents fresh oxidation at the clamping point.
- Prevents electrolytic corrosion between aluminum and copper conductors (in the same terminal block).
- Provides long-term protection against corrosion.
For spring clamp connections with PUSH WIRE® connection technology, WAGO recommends that the aluminum conductor first be cleaned and then immediately inserted into the clamping unit filled with “Alu-Plus” contact paste.
It is also possible to apply WAGO “Alu-Plus” additionally on the whole surface of the aluminum conductor before termination.
Please note that the nominal currents must be adapted to the reduced conductivity of the aluminum conductors::
2.5 mm² = 16 A
4 mm² = 22 A
Safety information 1:
in grounded power lines
Ratings per IEC/EN 60664-1
Nominal voltage (II/2) 450 V
Rated surge voltage (II/2) 4 kV
Rated current 24 A
Legend (ratings) (II / 2) ≙ Overvoltage category II / Pollution degree 2
Connection technology PUSH WIRE®
Actuation type Push-in
Connectable conductor materials Copper
Solid conductor 0.5 … 2.5 mm² / 20 … 16 AWG
Strip length 11 mm / 0.43 inch
Total number of connection points 5
Total number of potentials 1
Wiring type Side-entry wiring
Width 22 mm / 0.866 inch
Height 5.8 mm / 0.228 inch
Depth 16.7 mm / 0.657 inch
Cover color yellow
Flammability class per UL94 V2
Fire load 0.03 MJ
Weight 1.6 g
Surrounding air temperature (operation) 60 … 60 °C
Continuous operating temperature 105 … 105 °C
Temperature marking per EN 60998 T60
Product Group 7 (Push Wire Conn.)
Packaging type BOX
Country of origin DE
Customs tariff number 85369010000