Capital Electrical Wholesalers Ltd.
Online Store - Terms and Conditions
Orders should be placed via our secure website. Under special circumstances we can take orders by phone. After placing an order via our website, we will confirm it by email or phone within one working day. We reserve the right to cancel any order placed on our website.
2. Capital Electrical Wholesalers Obligations
- The stock quotes on our website may vary; in our confirmation email we will be more specific.
- We will process the order in one working day and inform you concerning the stock, delivery, and any special situations by email or phone (entered in to registration form).
- If the products ordered are in stock, they can be delivered in 1-3 working days maximum; if not - delivery may take up to 3-7 working days. If delivery is expected to take more than 2 weeks, we will ask for your confirmation, and we will take the payment after you have confirmed that this is okay with you.
- We will take payment from your account when the products are ready for shipment.
- Obvious errors and mistakes (including price misprints, misprints in description) are not binding. All special offers and promotions are marked as such.
- We will inform you of the shipping details.
- For security reasons, we will only ship the orders to the credit/debit card billing address.
3. Customer Obligations
- You agree to pay the full listed price of the products you would like to acquire from our website.
- You agree to receive the shipped goods between 8.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, at the address specified in your credit/debit card billing details and sign for the parcel. If you are not available, or the parcel has not arrived in the specified time frame, it is your duty to inform us by phone or email as soon as possible (within 1 working day).
- It is your duty to check the goods as soon as they are delivered to you, and to report any damage or faulty items within no more than 3 days; see below for more details.
- If you chose the "Collect In Store" option, the cardholder will need to bring the same debit/credit card that was used for the purchase for verification. In store, we will record the card details and a signature must be provided.
4. Delivery Rates
- Capital Electrical Wholesalers do shipping to the UK mainland area only. Shipping fees may be applied on checkout. Within London Area (inside M25 area), if your order is £50+VAT (£60 VAT inc) or over, there will be no delivery charge.
- We will make only ONE attempt to deliver the parcel/s. After no-one is home to receive the parcel/s, the parcel/s will be returned to our main warehouse. Any parcels that are returned due to non-delivery will incur a charge of £10 + VAT. If you would like us to send it to you again, you will be charged a further £10.00 + VAT for the carriage of the redelivery.
5. Returns, Faulty Items, and Unwanted Items
- To return unwanted, incorrect, or faulty items back to us, you will first need to obtain a Returns Number by emailing us with the details of your order and the reason you want to return item/s. Please note, we do not take back unwanted light bulbs or LED lamps (unless they are faulty).
6. Collect or Return Items
- If the items you have received are faulty or damaged, you have the obligation to notify us by email/fax about this in maximum 3 working days.
- If the items you have bought are damaged, we will replace them. If the items become faulty within 30 days, we will replace them free of charge (you need to collect it in store). After the 30 days period, you will have to send them back to us, and we will replace them (you will be responsible for the carriage charge).
- We do not offer refunds for damaged items - contact us to obtain a returns number and upon receipt and inspection, and we will replace the faulty fitting. If the item is found not to be faulty or misused beyond the limits of everyday use, the items will be returned and you will be responsible for the carriage costs.
- Manufacturer's guarantee passes to the end user, in all cases. If the items are damaged or faulty after 30 days, we will pass on the manufacturer's contact details, so that you can resolve the issue with them directly.
- If within 14 days from receiving your order you decide you do not want the items you ordered, please contact us by email or phone and we will confirm the return of the items (you will support the carriage expenses). The items must be in their original packaging; we reserve the right to deny the refund if the items are not in a re-saleable condition.
- The return conditions for unwanted products does not apply to specially-ordered or customised products.
- Refunds: a handling charge (depending on the size of the parcel and the carriage charge) will be deducted from the payment.
Note: we cannot take back unwanted light bulbs or LED lamps (we do not have the facility or means to test whether they have been used or not).
- Refunds take 3-5 working days to be credited to your payment card. You can return the product to one of our stores with your receipt, bringing the card you paid with so we can credit it.
- After 90 days, if the order is still not picked up in our store and there is no communication, we cannot be held responsible for the items on your order (they may be disposed of with no refund of the order).
- If you somehow change your mind about an order, you have the right to cancel your order without paying anything within a 5 working day period.
7. Data Protection
- We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
- When you shop on this website, we will ask you for personal information.
- We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (e.g., the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website ("User Information"). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
- All data collected will be used for the statistical purposes to improve this website and its services to you, administer this website and notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes by telephone, e-mail or in writing, and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
- If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal and/or user Information, we are entitled do so.
- To be eligible to purchase products on this website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this website under English law you must:
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and other requested information
- Be over 18 years of age
- Provide a delivery address in the United Kingdom mainland; London area, inside M25 will be eligible for free delivery. Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
- By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, validate your credit card, obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions such as:
- Your name, billing and delivery address
- Contact details, like e-mail address, telephone number.
- Product selections.
- Credit card or other payment information.
8. Our Website
- We reserve the right to remove any products from this website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this website.
- We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion.
- We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this website whether or not that product has been sold, removing or editing any materials or content on the Website, or refusing to process a transaction or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
- Each product purchased is sold subject to its product description which sets out additional specific conditions related to that product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
- We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, pictures, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up-to-date as possible, the information including product descriptions and pictures appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the information exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy.
- To provide increased value to our users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website, we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources.